The everlasting problem of a girl...

...who has "nothing to wear" despite a bursting wardrobe!

I'm super busy with studying at the moment, so it's kinda silent around here. But I just don't really do anything exciting or worth writing about, but I promise you as soon as my exams are over (beginning of June) I will try to write more again!

There are some pretty big events coming up and I am already now planning my outfits, haha!
First of all, my graduation ceremony will be in July, and I'm planning to wear that white and black print dress I bought in Helsinki for that purpose - even though we have the order to dress "dark and elegant". Seriously, I don't give a f*ck about their order, I think the dress is absolutely appropriate, about a meter longer than what some girls wear to such occasions, and the only thing someone might argue about is the print, but I am pretty sure most people won't even notice or take a closer look. But I think it suits my "personal style" really well without being too much over the top, and I feel very comfortable wearing it! I just have to watch my weight a bit more carefully, as I am still 4kg above my "perfect weight" and the dress is rather small ;___;
As for the hair and make up, I think some kind of pin up style could be nice. Definitely red lips, and I'd love to wear my hair in curls although I know what a difficulty that is. But I'll see :'D

Then there's my brother's wedding coming up in August!
I'm super excited already, mainly because I don't really know the bride's family all that well and though I am perfectly sure they are gonna be very relaxed about the dress code I don't really know what to wear. I'd love to buy something new for the occasion, something elegant yet fit for summer, but I really can't decide on a certain style!

Arina posted a review about a shop called dresslink.com and after I read through it I ended up browsing the whole 80+ pages of the "dresses" section of the shop, looking for something fit for the occasion XD

I came up with some ideas, maybe you'd like to help me with a decision? :)

1. Light green floral chiffon dress


I really like this dress, especially in the green color way. The belt comes separately, which is fantastic because I despise brown and would probably wear something else with it. As far as I can see from the pictures, it requires to wear something underneath, like a white top or something, but that's no problem I'd say. Overall, I think it's super cute, I'm just not entirely sure if it's too un-elegant and girlish, and maybe too short for church (though I'm smaller than the model and the dress will probably reach closer to my knees).





I suppose you already begin to see the pattern here XD I'm a sucker for floral patterns and lace, especially in summer ;___; This one is super pretty, but I wonder if it will good even if you don't have such delicate stick legs like that model :'D and I wonder about the upper part around the bust. I'd hate it if it was loose on me, but I judging from the shape it will always be loose around the waist if it's supposed to fit around the bust...



3. Flower pattern chiffon dress aka "The nightgown"



Okay, so this one is tough. Go ahead and look at the other pics on the website first, and then please tell me what you think! I'm absolutely undecided if I find this really cute and pretty - or if it just looks like an old-fashioned nightgown .___.
I like the cut of the sleeves and the pattern, but I am unsure about the tiny surface effect thingies on the fabric, and the style of the dress overall. I don't want to go to a wedding looking like I'm directly out-of-bed but I think my judgment is influenced by Japanese Gyaru fashion and other "girly" sweet styles too much to really judge this dress with the eyes of an average person =/



4. Long floral sundress


I am absolutely in love with this one. Especially the black colorway, though, as always I wonder if the other would suit me better because of my black hair.
I love everything about it - the cut, the pattern, the material, and the length! I don't habe any long dresses because I always fear I'm gonna look like a stump when I wear such things, but this time I am kinda confident that with nice high heels I could make it look nice!
But the problem is really the choice of color - black or pink? I have a similar but shorter dress in a light color, so I think the black one would bring more variation to my summer wardrobe, but with my dark hair I wonder if it would look too dark overall :( Also there's the question whether it would be appropriate to wear this to a wedding.



But this is not where it ends!

Becuase dresslink also offers shoes - and they are just absolutely gorgeous, so I couldn't pass by without picking some of them x___x


1. Bowknot Stiletto High Heels

Gosh they're so pretty and cute I can't take my eyes off of them! Problem is, I wouldn't be able to decide on a colorway.... while I have plenty of black/white shoes, I know that colorway would suit most of my wardrobe easily. The other colors on the other hand, would fit a lot of "summer" styles, but I have a giant aversion against beige. And too all of the dresses above, the beige/pink ones would probably fit a lot better....


2. Platform buckle High Heels


Honestly, I don't really know why I added these to the list, because they don't really fit to the rest BUT they are super cute and I think could also fit to Lolita outfits. I would be inclined to order the red ones because I have black high heels but nothing red.


3. Platform Wedge Sandals


I love platform wedges, they are incredibly comfortable to wear, make your legs appear longer and more slim and the way these babies look they have good grip too so you don't feel like your falling out of your shoes all the time! Of course I'd prefer the black ones in this case. Tell me, do you think I could wear these to dress #4 ?



4. Platform Bowknot Wedge High Heels


Cute, aren't they? :3
The style reminds me a bit of Lolita, and I guess it would be possible to wear them with a Lolita outfit. The pink color is described on the website as "red" so I wouldn't dare order it, who knows what color you might get in the end... however, I guess with black or white you'd be on the safe side.
In white, they could look great with dress #1, #2 and #3, don't you think?


So, now it's your turn.... what do you think about the items?
The more I think about it, the more I tend to the long dress in black, together with the black sandals and a curly hair style... I think that could look really great, but I don't know if it's appropriate for a wedding :( On the other hand, the wedding is in August where it's really hot! Men are allowed to come without tie or bow tie, and the dress code was only described as "festive". I don't know. Any advice from your side? ^^"