Passion for Sweets

Hello everyone - how was your week end?
Mine was super busy but a lot of fun! On Saturday I went to the Open Campus day of the university I wanna do my PhD at (but this is still a faaaar far away future), and was able to get a tour to one of the labs... I really wanna work there one day, it's my greatest dream, so I'll work hard and hopefully get in their programme in two years!

For today I tried to organize a "Mini-Meet.up" for the Lolita community, because I wanted to go to an exhibition about pastries (sounds kinda ridiculous, but as you might know I am really into baking so I'm interested in that kind of thing) and didn't want to go alone. In the end, due to short notice and another event on the previous evening, we were only 3 girls but it was a lot of fun anyway! 

Me & my friend the Punschkrapfen, haha! I looked it up, but there isn't even an English word for this pastry :D

Unfortunately, the exhibition was not really what I expected. I thought they would show a lot more about pastries and their history, and less art, I just thought it would be more historical. We had to pay full price because I forgot my student ID and the woman at the cash desk didn't accept Bibi's student ID... so we decided to see the other exhibition at the museum as well, which showed the "art" of Hermann Nitsch.

I don't know if you've ever heard of this man, if you didn't, I suggest you don't google him. He makes his art mainly with blood, dead animals and their organs. He "paints" with the blood and stages photoshoots where naked men are covered in blood and other body fluids and organs.... it's just as disgusting as it sounds. I am not very fond of most kinds of what is called "modern art" to begin with, but this man, and his "art" is just horrible and disgusting, and to me this has nothing to do with art, it is just pure provocation, voyeurism and fetish.

BUT let's forget about this & continue with more photos. I took some during the exhibition, but all in all there wasn't a lot I was interested in, the light was very dim and all in all I was just a little bit disappointed.

This sweet lady is Mary also known as Bright Eyes, check out her blog! :)

Here we have some donuts made of cloth and a beautiful cupcake. 

 
I love floral patterns ^__^

Charlotte / "Malakoff" cake made of cloth

Old Gugelhupf recipies. Maybe I'll try them out some day :D

After looking at all the food-related stuff we were really hungry (despite the horrible Nitsch art, haha) and decided to go to the café and have some Sweets. Mary & Bibi had Punschkrapferl, it's the pink colored sweet you see on the first photo, but of course in reality it's much smaller :) I went for the "Kardinalschnitte" because it looked just epic.

And it also tasted really good.

Before we went home, we wanted to take some nice photos in the courtyard of the museum, but unfortunately it was really windy - also, I was constantly blinded by the bright sun so I messed up some camera settings and not all of the photos turned out very well. I also seem to have an allergy or something, as my eyes start to water whenever I leave the house :( Anyway, I really wanna take more photos of people and become a better photographer, so from now on I'm gonna take my camera with me to every meet-up, no matter how small, haha!


When I still had red hair myself, I always thought red & pink don't go well together. Now that I have black hair again I keep meeting people who pull it off perfectly XDD

That's my favorite one of all the photos I took! :D

Bibi was so pretty as well! She decided not to wear Lolita - a clever choice, as we had 27°C that day and I was dying from the heat D:

Herpiderpi ^^" Messy hair because it was so windy D:

Aaaand a last one where I have a posture like a pirate or something, haha!
Maybe I should try Pirate Lolita some time soon? ^^

Too bad the photos are so blurry, I suppose I won't be able to put any on Dunkelsüß once again ^^"
But I was super happy to see that my last outfit got some positive feedback on tumblr X3 I take it that I'm not doing too bad then? ^^

So, anyway, how was your week end? What did you do? :D